Photo: Courtesy of Pintrest
We like to smell nice all day long, but sometimes it can feel like your perfume has dispersed an hour after putting it on. It’s all about knowing where and how to apply it, and how to store it so it can retain its quality. Read on for easy and simple scent changes that will enhance the power of your perfume to last all day.
1. Add Vaseline on pulse points: Rub Vaseline on your pulse points, the ointment in petroleum jelly will hold the fragrance for longer. Apply to your wrists, neck, inside elbows, behind knees and on ankles and calves.
2. Don’t store in bathroom: Humidity and dampness will break down the perfume and weaken the fragrance, so keep it in your bedroom instead.
3. Spray after shower: Spray your perfume right after taking a shower and before getting dressed. The moisture on your skin will help lock in the scent. This will also prevent the fragrance from staining delicate clothes or jewelry.
4. Apply it at the right time: Damp skin will lock in the scent, but if you get dressed immediately after, it will rub off. Wait a few minutes for the scent to dry.
5. Don’t dub wrists together: Friction will cause the top notes of the perfume to fade faster and your perfume won’t last as long.
6. Don’t shake the bottle: Perfume is designed to stand still. Shaking the bottle will only let air in and reduce its quality.
7. Keep the box: Perfume needs to be stored away from daylight as it degrades the oil and breaks down the fragrance. If you still want your fragrances on display, keep them in the pretty boxes they came in.
8. Carry around cotton buds: Lugging around your perfume bottle can be heavy, and you might lose it. Instead, carry around some cotton buds swabbed with your fragrance for touch-ups throughout the day.
9. Spray your hair Brush: Spraying fragrance directly onto your hair will dry it out, so instead spray the fragrance on your brush before running it through your hair. Your hair will be lightly scented and undamaged.
10. Walk through it: For a lighter scent, spray the fragrance in the air and slowly walk into the mist. The spray will distribute evenly across your body and leave you with a hint of fragrance for occasions when you don’t want to smell as strong.